Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Harper's Two Months and Favorite Baby Products!

I can't believe my little baby is already two months old! Time sure has flown by! I have enjoyed every single minute with her and look forward to watching her grow. She has already changed so much. 
Harper took her first road trip to Missouri to visit my grandparents. She has started smiling and is such a little ham! She loves to snuggle, get baths, and go on walks. She has started cooing and will "talk" back to you. I've started reading to her every day. My favorite books so far are Olivia, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and On The Night You Were Born. I didn't have these books growing up and I actually enjoy them myself ;) 
At her two month appointment today Harper weighed 12 lbs 7 oz (73 percentile) and was 23 3/4 inches tall (94 percentile). Doctor is very happy with Harper's growth and development!



Since I have quite a few preggie friends, I figured I would share a few of my favorite baby products so far!

Baby K'Tan Wrap Baby Carrier - I started using this baby carrier when Harper was about 3 weeks old. I love that it gives me a free hand when Harper doesn't want to be put down. Harper loves it and usually falls asleep while she is in it.

Boon Grass Countertop Bottle Drying Rack - I love this drying rack! It is cute, looks great on my counter top, and along with the accessories, it holds all my breast pump parts.

Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Baby-Mild Pure Castile Soap - I use this on Harper's body, hair, and in her homemade baby wipes. I did a lot of research before Harper was born on all natural, pure, and organic baby products since I had heard Johnson and Johnson's products contain formaldehyde and cancer causing chemicals. Since cancer runs in my family I want to try to protect Harper from it as much as I can. For the homemade wipes I take Bounty Select-a-size paper towels and cut them in half and place in a plastic container. I take 1 3/4 cups of water a microwave it for five minutes then add 1 tablespoon Castile Soap, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and 5 drops of tea tree oil and mix. Once it cools I pour over the paper towels and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then I remove the cardboard tube from the middle, which starts to pull each paper towel out. I love making my own baby wipes since I know exactly what ingredients are going into them.

Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump On-The-Go Tote - I've been using this breast pump since Harper was about two weeks old and storing them in these bags. These bags hold the most milk and seal the best. I plan on pumping enough milk for Harper to drink until she is 2 years old, as recommended by the World Health Organization (and no I am not talking about exclusively giving her breast milk until 2. She will eat baby food once recommended by her pediatrician. I just won't give her cow milk until she is 2.)

Gerber Newborn 10 Pack Gauze Prefold Diaper - These are amazing to use as a burp cloth! I like that they are so big and absorbent.

aden + anais girls and swirls Muslin Swaddles - These are the best swaddle blankets ever! They are so big and light weight, which is perfect for a summer baby. I have bought them for every baby shower I have been to since I received my own. My nephew has stolen this blanket from Harper and laid on it. Even the in-law's family dog cuddles up on it. I'm considering buying another 4 pack!

Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Wide Neck Polypropylene Baby Bottle - We have given Harper a bottle here and there to introduce them to her. We found the wide neck bottles are pretty close to being breast like to avoid any nipple confusion. She also has not had any problems spitting up with these. It's also nice to give Tim a chance to feed Harper. The only down side to these bottles are all the different parts that need to be cleaned.

















      



One Month Old                                                     Two Months Old

Have a wonderful day! I promise to try and keep you all updated more!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute baby and crafty momma! Sending kisses to you both!!

    ReplyDelete